Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home Decor Spotlight: ThumbAlinaLane




In this installment of the Home Décor Spotlight, I have a chance to introduce to you Alina with ThumbAlina Lane, where she sells children's wall art and fine prints.  Let's get to know Alina!  


Tell us about your business, how you got started & how long you’ve been in business. 


I started my Etsy shop as a branch off of my career as a graphic designer. Just over I year ago I realized that I really love designing and illustrating children's artwork. I opened my shop close to four months ago, December 6, 2011. I sell children's personalized wall art along with printable baby shower kits. In time, I hope to add more new artwork to my etsy shop, as well as create new product lines for kitchen and bath.


Do you have favorites in your shop? 


Right now I love my new Bumble Bee Baby Shower Printable Party Kit, as well as my Alphabet Animal Silhouettes Art Print, and my Birds on a Wire Counting Poster. 




Bumble Bee Baby Shower Printable Party Kit  
  

Alphabet Animal Silhouettes Art Print 

Birds on a Wire Counting Poster  

Where do you get your inspiration for new products or items? 




I am constantly looking at art blogs, artist blogs, and other websites that sale children's prints and invitations to keep on top of what is in style at the moment. I also love Pinterest, you can get lots of great inspiration on there!


What’s coming up for spring? Do you have new products on the horizon? 


Well, for now I'm slowing down a bit in preparation for the arrival of my first baby in a little over a month, but I do plan to add at least one more printable baby shower kit (maybe two along with another poster or two.) I also want to convert some of my wall art designs that I currently have into printable cards as well as making my wall art available for a lower price if you want to print it at home. If I can accomplish all of that before the baby comes, I'll be very happy and then hopefully I can start working on new lines in the late summer/fall.  


Congratulations!
What one tip do you have for others who are thinking about starting their own businesses or are just starting out? 


Go for it! It takes some time, research and work, but it feels very rewarding once you have it up and running. If you plan on starting small (without your own website or a real storefront,) like I did, Etsy is the place to be.


Connect with ThumbAlina Lane:
Shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThumbAlinaLane
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ThumbAlinaLane
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ThumbAlinaLane

Human Calendar

Copyright

© Promote My Shop, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Promote My Shop with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.